Wednesday, May 28, 2008

North Shore Fun - Lucky We Live Hawaii 2


With no weddings this past Memorial Day weekend, I was able to spend time with family & friends and hang out at the North Shore. When some of my friends said they were going to be at Kualoa Ranch for an airsoft/paintball contest, I couldn't pass up the chance to be there, not for the shooting, but to ride my bike on that side of the island. (Most of my workout rides are in town, and it's rare that I get out there for leisure.) So while they were running around in the dirt "killing" each other, I was in sexy spandex/lycra cruising along Kamehameha Highway at 17-20 miles per hour. Went as far as Turtle Bay, turned around, and even managed to ride past the awards ceremony for the Hawaii State Time Trial bike race, which was wrapping up by Malaekahana.



My apologies for the small pics, but my phone camera apparently was reset and took the images in its smallest resolution.

With so much beauty and sunshine here in the islands, I am constantly reminded about how very fortunate and blessed I am to be here, in this place, at this moment in time.

Lucky we live Hawaii!

No comments: