Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Yes, it is more than five hours that I work.

Many people I meet tell me that my job is the easiest in the world. After all, I allegedly work "only five hours", right? Five to six hours of the actual party itself, right?


Well, it's a little more complicated than that. I put in 20-40 hours in preparing for every wedding, with the goal of ensuring that the five hours of the party are the best five hours in my clients' and guests' lives. A lot of that time is invested in putting together the soundtrack, organizing the script and timeline, connecting with the other vendors to make sure that we are all on the same page, and other things in preparation of the celebration. On the day of the wedding, there's more than just "show up and perform." There's the setup and soundcheck before the presentation even begins. Let's use a recent example: JEN & MARK'S wedding.


This is me two hours before the doors open to the guests. Notice how messy everything is as my staff and I are busy setting up the sound system and lighting.



In those two hours, the sound system and light show are set up, soundchecked and lit, and finally tidied up, so by the time the guests arrive, this is what they see:



Neat and tidy, no?

In that time, too, my staff and I get ready, so when your guests arrive, we are smartly dressed in our tuxes/suits/aloha shirts/referee uniforms/whatever.

Our goal is to offer you and your guests more than just a DJ to play music and an MC to tell jokes. Our goal is to give you and your guests a fun and elegant EXPERIENCE that they will remember forever. On your wedding day, one of the most important days in your life, isn't that worth something?

No comments: