Friday, February 09, 2007

Let's add Marriage Counselor to my title

The other day, I was at Starbucks for a meeting with a bride & groom-to-be. After the meeting, as I was wrapping up and finishing my notes, the store manager Cheryl stops by my table. I've known Cheryl since college, and she's a dear friend. She says that her employees told her that her "marriage counselor" friend is here, and they pointed me out to her.

Fancy that..."marriage counselor."

Perhaps it's because I dole out so much advice and information at consultations, I seem like a marriage counselor.

Speaking of advice, here's today's Wedding Tip of the Day, Part 1:

Remember how I wrote yesterday that I would give grooms two strategies on how to make your bride really happy and to make you look good on your wedding day? Here's the first strategy, and the second will come later today.

On your wedding day, guys: REMEMBER TO ALWAYS KEEP SMILING. You never know when a camera is going to take a photo of you, and it's always nice to be caught with a smile on your face rather than a frown or dumb look. Besides, when you smile, you will appear more confident. It will make your bride more confident as well, and it will make your guests feel more comfortable. So let those pearly whites shine!

The second strategy comes later today, so stay tuned!

No comments: