Thursday, February 12, 2009

Get Motivated!

Last Monday (Feb 9), I attended the Get Motivated! Conference at the Blaisdell Arena. As a person who motivates audiences at weddings and parties, it was good for me to get some motivation as well! Seminar topics included leadership, business, and building relationships with people--skills that I need to have as a party host and Certified Professional Master of Ceremonies. These skills allow me to motivate your guests and make sure everyone feels comfortable at your event. So this day was a day of personal and professional development, and I was taught by some very inspiring teachers.

ELI MANNING, quarterback for the 2008 Super Bowl Champions New York Jets, talked about leading and inspiring a team towards a common goal. I got some great ideas on how to keep an audience going and moving towards a common goal--a fun and lively wedding.





The great ZIG ZIGLAR, a master sales trainer, spoke about the importance of building relationships. Relationships are the key to bringing out the best in people, from your wedding party to the guest of your parents whom you have never met.




University of Hawaii head football coach GREG MCMACKIN talked about goal-setting, and how your values are directly tied to whether or not you achieve those goals. If you create a wedding that doesn't fit who you are and your core values, don't expect it to have the same impact as one that is directly rooted in your goals.




TAMARA LOWE was a fantastic Master of Ceremonies. She really knew how to keep the energy up between speakers and how to get people motivated. I learned many new things from her.




Former New York mayor RUDY GUILIANI spoke about leadership through difficulty. He shared his experiences in dealing with 9/11 and how people remained calm through the tragedy. Likewise, if things go wrong at your wedding, try to remain calm and remember that you have a great team surrounding you. From your vendors to your wedding party, they will work hard to help you overcome whatever obstacle that comes up.




The crowd was huge! It was sold-out on the day I attended.




And of course, being the gearhead, I had to take the obligatory picture of the audio rig, which was provided by Rhema Systems. (From what I was told, Hawaii Stage & Lighting Rentals provided by the lighting & staging. Not sure who provided the video, but they were awesome too.)




Overall, it was a very educational day, and a lot of the things I learned will be applied to your wedding or special event in order to make it more FUN, STRESS-FREE, UNIQUE, and MEMORABLE! By becoming motivated, I can have YOUR guests GET MOTIVATED!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marino,
My husband went to that seminar and really enjoyed it too. May I ask you to touch base with me when you have a chance, still need to get a price list from you and find out if you are available for a function with me on Sat. November 11th at Haiku gardens from about 11-3pm. for 175 guests :) www.weddings@haikugardens.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Marino,

Nice shot of the audio rig, what a strange combination of JBL Vertec and L'Acoustic's V-DOSC arrays...