Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Been busy...but not...

It's a strange feeling, not having anything important to do.

Over the last few days, there was a lot of prep work for the upcoming wedding expo this weekend. (Come by & visit my booth!) But it seems like all is finished, and aside from equipment checks that will happen tomorrow, everything is in order. So it's sort of cool to have everything all ready, ordered, and waiting to happen.

I ordered a new banner for my booth. The old one was still good, but it was a simple banner with the name of the company; it did not really convey what I did. Consequently, a lot of people came up during these tradeshows and sometimes asked, "Do you do video?" Or, "so what is this, photography?"

The new banner should convey what I do quite clearly. Here's the design for it:



Thank you to Dave Miyamoto for the image of JESSE & JESSICA which serves as the focal point of the piece. And yes, I did perform at their wedding!

The banner matches the postcards that I send to prospects, creating a unified "theme" among my marketing pieces. It's being printed by the wonderful people at Fast Signs and should be ready by Thursday or early Friday.

I also redesigned the business cards:






These were printed by RushFlyers.Com and should arrive by Thursday or Friday as well.

As for the other paperwork that I'm handing out, they are all printed as well. Since it will be a shorter show (two days), I only printed a limited run on my home all-in-one printer.

So it's good to be ready for this thing. If anything, I may need to pick up a video cable or two (to connect the computer to the LCD TV); otherwise, everything's all set!

Last Sunday was another Hawaii Bride & Groom event, this time at the Willows Restaurant. As a "mini-expo," it was a great way to meet brides-to-be, to network with some of my favorite vendors, and to eat some fabulous food! I had a great time, and it was really awesome to hang out and talk story with the vendors there. I had a great time!

In other news, after much agonizing over whether to buy it or not, I ended up getting a bass guitar. I've been itching to play again after the whole Best Buy/Guitar Hero Incident (that story for another post later on), and with last month's visit to the Music Room and the "rediscovery" of hair band music, I got the itch to play guitar again. I've always enjoyed playing bass more than a regular guitar, but when I started my entertainment company, I really didn't get a chance to play anymore. So the other day, while in town running some miscellaneous errands, I stopped by Easy Music Center to pick up some microphone clips...and there she was. Ahhh, beautiful in black, with steel strings, calling out my name. After much debating on whether or not I really wanted her or not, I finally did it: I bought the guitar. Now I'm not crazy about Hello Kitty or Badz-whatever, but the design of the guitar was just appealing. Now I just have to find a band to play with...

If you're ever in Liliha and hear a bass guitar jamming away to some Stone Temple Pilots, Guns N' Roses, or Nirvana, you will know who it is...

Have a great week, and I'll see you this weekend at the expo!

Warmly,

Marino
Ninja Entertainment

No comments: