Wednesday, March 21, 2007

80s hair band music rawks!

I've been nostalgic lately. Guns N' Roses' Sweet Child of Mine on replay on the MP3 player. I have a feeling it goes back to the time I went to Best Buy and got hooked on Guitar Hero, in which that song is one of the tracks. But the Best Buy Sweet Child story is for another time...

This post is about 80's hair bands. Whether you admit it or not, you have at least liked one song from that genre. Looking through my recent playlists, I realized that I hadn't played a good hair band song at a wedding in a while, but the last few times I did, it really went well. As in, the crowd singing/screaming along to the words (and many of them did know all of the words) and doing the whole air-guitar motions. I guess many of my clients grew up listening to it, so it would certainly be pleasurable and nostalgic to hear those songs again, particularly at a family gathering like a wedding. And although we don't hear the stuff daily anymore (unless you can find a really good rock station that isn't controlled by Clear Channel), it's refreshing to hear it again at a special event.

In an upcoming post, I will list some of the more popular hair band songs that have worked well at weddings. If you would like to include your choices, email me at website01@ninjaentertainment.com !


Warmly,
Marino
Ninja Entertainment

No comments: